Alles zum jüngsten Spross im Hause

Moderator: gk

VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Start motor

Beitrag von VesaII »

My engine must be cursed...

Today it did not start. Star motor is turning but engine is not. I took starter of and inspected tooths on it and on next wheel. Both ok. Anyone have experienced the same?

Bild
Br,
Vesa
Siggi
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von Siggi »

Hi Vesa,
i already had this problem, see
http://www.ital-web.de/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=915

Problem is the freewheel, Position No 21.

Good luck
Siggi
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

Hi Siggi

Thanks for information. But how did you fix it and where did you got new parts?
Br,
Vesa
Siggi
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von Siggi »

You have to dismantle the left engine cover and pull off the flywheel with a puller and by heating it up quite well. The free wheel is fixed with screws at the inner site of the flywheel. I also changed the gear pos 26.

These parts i got out of an engine with destroyed c-heads i bought many years ago.

Maybe Olli Thiel is able to help you, he`s got a good stock of used parts
www.thiel-motorsport.de

Regards
Siggi
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

Thanks. Will check this next winter. Too big thing to fix immediately.

But i got curious.. You still have those broken c-heads left? As it would be very interesting to use a saw to put c-head in parts to see how they are casted. How much material there is for modifying channels?
Br,
Vesa
Siggi
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von Siggi »

:mrgreen: hey, i also thought this could be a project. But not in the moment. I am not eager to saw by hand, should use some connections to get access to a big hacksaw.
Once i will report

:?
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

At last it is opened. Quality of original screws is not too high. Quite likely will subtitute them with heavy duty ones.
Luckily nothing is broken and i got broken screw pieces of and Marc at https://www.motostretta.com has freewheel in stock. But i still believe freewheel is from some other bike, and can be found locally.
Dateianhänge
start.png
start.png (242.93 KiB) 7828 mal betrachtet
Br,
Vesa
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Re: Start motor

Beitrag von VesaII »

Free wheel was not broken, but a bit worn out, so it will be replaced. Cost is under 100e
And screws i will substitute with stronger ones, unless there is good reason reason to use std bolts...?
Mudu.png
Mudu.png (253.44 KiB) 7819 mal betrachtet
mustat.png
mustat.png (248.63 KiB) 7018 mal betrachtet
Zuletzt geändert von VesaII am Mittwoch 12. Mai 2021, 09:01, insgesamt 8-mal geändert.
Br,
Vesa
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

Now even brush bridge is replaced, but it was hard to find and did not fit straight in as it sure is china made. Spring was too high (arrow) and cause of this rotor did not fit in place. Replaced it with original one. Now everything startmotor related should be fixed.
Dateianhänge
hiilet.png
hiilet.png (242.16 KiB) 7266 mal betrachtet
Zuletzt geändert von VesaII am Freitag 7. Mai 2021, 18:33, insgesamt 6-mal geändert.
Br,
Vesa
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

Did start the motor today and with no problems

Not sure, but i feel root cause was worn out brushes and when start motor did not get enough current, then starting became jerky. This caused weak std freewheel bolts go off, one by one.

Conclusion: It is not bad idea to change starter brushes and free wheel with bolts same time as you change cam chain.

Putting starter together is a bit tricky. You need to be careful and check play is ok and motor turns freely. Do polish contactor surface well. Do not leave it coarse as brushes will wear out more rapidly.
Br,
Vesa
VesaII
Morinisti
Morinisti

Beitrag von VesaII »

Forgot to mention...

One scary thing is to remove flywheel, but last time used Air Impact Wrench as they use when removing and tightening car wheel nuts professionally. Works like charm with some heat and proper puller.
Br,
Vesa
Antworten

Zurück zu „9 1/2 und 1200 Sport“